“Fiona has a wealth of expertise and practical strategies to suit each individual’s needs, which have empowered us to move forward.”
– Executive Principal, London Federation of Schools
My qualifications for working with you:
- Senior Coach Practitioner in Performance and Executive Coaching – The School of Coaching, London, qualification issued by the University of Strathclyde
- LGSM – Speaking and Drama training qualification – Licentiate of the Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Practitioner and Master Practitioner status in Neuro Linguistic Programming. Certified by AHA – Academy of High Achievers.
- Certified Practitioner of the, DiSC by Wiley, people-reading and behavioural model
- Fiona also undertakes CPD regularly on her own account in specific areas for example in coaching, “Belief change for good”, run by the AHA Academy and has also refreshed her vocal skills taking summer courses at institutions such as the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama where she attended the “Voice Fundamentals 2: The voice in Performance” Summer School.
Fiona’s zest for life, enthusiasm and understanding of my own particular needs was truly inspiring. Our work together got me through a tough speaking challenge and specifically ‘key’ was how she helped me with pace and timing.
– C.J., Senior Television Producer, World Television
Fiona actually unlocked the unlock-able and I found my voice. I gained confidence with my voice but more importantly how to look after it professionally as I spend the majority of my time coaching and presenting. Since the training I have gone on to be a Public Speaker and Radio Host as well as share my story on national television – none of which I could have done without Fiona’s training and personal support.
– Adelle Martin, Executive Midlife Coach
Find out about my working background
I have been working as a coach and trainer since 2005, helping people to speak well, relate to and manage others positively, and find the best direction in their own life and work.
I bring to this, experience and skills from my previous professions, as an actor and a fundraiser. As a performer I acted on film and on stage. I have played in theatres up and down the country including London’s West End. As a fundraiser, I produced shows in venues of all sizes – from private houses to the Royal Festival Hall. I led three successful multi-million fundraising appeals for two different charities, and was Director of Fundraising at Refuge (domestic violence). In these worlds, I learnt and practised the art of speaking, exerting influence, and how to find motivation. Having been a manager and raising significant funds, I also understand the importance of a clear vision, and the practical know-how required to reach challenging goals.
Now as a trained development and performance coach and speaking skills trainer, I specialise in facilitating people to be able to speak up, stand out and be heard in any situation they are in. I work cross sectors with clients in business, media, local government, schools, third sector and private individuals with their personal or work-related aims; including young people.
I have helped individuals to speak and be heard at big occasions with large audiences, intimate receptions, and pitches, and one to one meetings; and at organisations to manage their staff effectively; and help their businesses to expand.
I am skilled at helping you to develop your confidence as a speaker and in your own personal presence. I facilitate you to remove any obstacles and dismantle any fears that are getting in the way of you being a great communicator and actually feeling as such.
Clients tell me that they admire my high energy, expertise, and focus. They appreciate my ability to make them feel comfortable with being challenged, in order to move forward and achieve; and the fact that I listen intently, taking my cue from them, the client.